Dormition Cathedral | Успенcкий Собор
Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia
About Our Church
Our Russian Orthodox Church follows the traditional - old style (Julian) calendar. Services are in Russian & English. We welcome everybody to participate in many services at our Russian Orthodox Church, where you may discover spiritual healing for your soul along for body and mind.
View our photo gallery
Father Viktor Trotskyy
Home Phone: (248) 478-0270
Cell Phone: (248) 819-0479
Father Viktor will be available at the church on Wednesday evenings from 6pm to 8pm, if anyone wishes to meet with him or has any questions. Please call him at 248/819-0479 to make an appointment.
Dormition of the Holy Theotokos - Our Feast Day with Bishop Peter
Успение Пресвятой Владычицы нашей Богородицы и Приснодевы Марии
Thursday, August 28
8:30 am - Lesser Blessing of Water
9am - Divine Liturgy
Our parish will be celebrating its Feast Day on Thursday, August 28. There will be a Vigil Wednesday evening, the 27th, at 6pm. Divine Liturgy will begin at 10am on the 28th with Bishop Peter presiding (Aug 27 & 28).
Afterwards there will be a feast meal served outside. We'll be glad to have everyone join us for our annual parish feast.
The great and wondrous summer holiday - the Dormition of the Holy Mother of God - from olden times has been regarded by Orthodox Christians in the light of a second Pascha. Read an excellent edifying article on this beautiful feast-day
Relics of Saint John Archbishop of Shanghai and San Francisco, the Miracle-worker
Святые мощи Архиепископа Иоанна Шанхайского и Сан-Францисского Чудотворца
August 25 - 31 (every evening)
6 pm - Akathist (Молебень) will be chanted before the relics
The relics of St. John - the Miracle-worker, Archbishop of Shanghai and San Francisco and the twentieth century's great ascetic, archpastor and man of prayer - were found to be incorrupt in 1993, on the threshold of his glorification.
His relics are the only intact relics open for veneration in North America.
- Why Do We Fast?
- Icon of The Month - Great Martyr Marina
- Wonderworking Kursk-Root Icon of the Mother of God - visited on March 13
- The Holy Fathers on Piety
- Dean of the Diocesan Pastoral School in Recent Interview
- Metropolitan Philaret on the Power of Faith
- Is There a Way to Attend Church Services More Often & How?
- Reading in Church: Where and how can I learn to do this?
- Monthly Parish Family Prayer List
- New Orthodox Christian Application Available for iPhone and Android Phones
- Discussions on Our Faith
- Your Name's Day
- On the Stages of Spiritual Growth
- 2013: The year of service to God and His Holy Church
- Daily Reading of the Holy Scriptures
The schedule of services is posted below. We invite all our parish friends and family to participate in as many of the services as possible and we welcome everyone to our parish for all Great Feasts of the Holy Church!
Sunday's Divine Liturgy will begin at 9am from June 15 through August 31 during summer.